Monday, February 23, 2015

A Rite of Passage - Leon's christening day

Sunday was Leon’s christening day.

A rite of passage is a ceremony that marks the transition from one phase of life to another. This was a celebration of the birth and beginning of life for Leon.

It was an official welcoming to the world, and an introduction into the local community. This tradition is observed in most communities all over the world, irrespective of belief systems. It’s a tradition much older than known religions. It’s a reason for family and friends to come together to celebrate a new life.
  






Big brother Helmer was King of the Day!




It was a beautiful, but bittersweet day for me since Sigve and Geir Espen were not here to celebrate with us. I know they probably watched and took part from whatever dimension they now exists in, but the pain of missing them is excruciating, and even in the middle of my flock, the loneliness without Sigve is palpable.


The day had dual meaning for me. I am in the middle of my own transition. My status in society, and in my personal life, has changed from being a wife to being a widdow. I am trying to build a life on this new foundation. I am trying to learn how to live without Sigve by my side.  


1 comment:

Laura said...

Dearest Inger Marie, your inner strength is a firm foundation, your inner light a shines forth from your heart and will guide each step… have faith in all that you have learned and all that you still have to teach the next generation, your daughter and her husband need you as do your grandsons. And all of us who have become your friends around the world are here to support you… at least in small ways. Know that you are loved and your presence is a gift. I'm so grateful you are in my life through energy beaming across the planet. Your family is beautiful and so are you. And I'm certain that Sigve and Geir Espen were there/are there celebrating life with each breath you take and give.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...